Welcome to the Edna Junior High School's "Counselor's Corner"
The goal of the Edna Junior High School Counseling Program is to provide each student with the opportunity to develop and succeed in educational and career aspirations as well as social and personal goals.
Edna Junior High School offers counseling in personal and social concerns, academic needs, and career and college planning. To set up an appointment please call (361) 782-2351
- Academic requirements
- Plans for improving grades and study methods
- Standardized testing: information and interpretation
Information about standardized testing can be also located online at: www.tea.state.tx.us/student.assessment/
- Individual/Personal counseling is avaliable to students upon request from a parent/guardian, student, or by referral from an EISD staff
- The counselor is avaliable to assist students with a wide range of personal issues. The counselor will support students in devising their own answers to their concerns.
- The school counselor is avaliable for parent conferences and referral resources as needed
- Crisis intervention counseling, drug and alcohol abuse prevention information, education, and referrals are avaliable at all times
College and Career Counseling:
- Career exploration activities
- Individual parent/student appointments avaliable for career exploration, and decision-making